Scroll Down to View Videos Please
Install 15' of perfectly level base quickly and efficiently. Every. Single. Time.
The Quick-E-Wall Screed tool may be better described as a retaining wall installation system. The tool's simple construction makes preparing a 15' length of base a very simple task.
- Prepares a perfectly level base quickly and efficiently - each and every time.
- No comparison to the accuracy and ease of installation
- Eliminates carpal tunnel & tennis elbow that could be attributed to old install procedures
- Four screed pipes are connected to each other by 5' lengths of chain to keeps them the optimal distance apart for using the Quick-E-Screeder Package or the 6' Quick-E-Straightedge.
- The chain is used as an offset or layout guide for the wall being built.
After compacting the excavated subsoil for your retaining wall, bring the base material to within 1/2" of grade. Lay the Quick-E-Wall Screed chains out in the desired line or curve of the wall. Next set the grade for each of the screed pipes. Each pipe should be checked at both ends for the proper hieght and will have to be "dug" in to ensure that the top of pipe is at grade. Screed the gravel to finished height and lightly tamp it to firm it up. Spread a light covering of bedding sand over the entire area and screed off to grade. Gently place your first course of retaining wall block using the chain as an offset guide and flipping each screed pipe out of the way as you proceed down the wall. Leave the last screed pipe in place and move the chain and pipes into place for the next section of wall. Confirm that the first course of the wall is perfectly level in every direction, using a 6' aluminum level.
The flexibility of the chains can also help you lay out the curves in any paver installation. Simply lay the chain in a nice, flowing arc. Using your cut off saw, score the surface of the pavers using your Quick-E-Wall Screed as a +/- ½” offset. Finish the cut as usual.